DTCP Approved Layouts Analysis For Enhancing
The right kind of real estate investment in the right place is the right decision for real estate investments.
- We are very careful in all our selections in our life for immediate satisfaction and tomorrow’s betterment.
- Transparency is great in DTCP approved layouts, The advantage is “ what you see, is what you get “.
- DTCP – is a body responsible for the planning and development of urban and rural areas in their jurisdiction.
- The layout means the division of land into plots exceeding eight in numbers by introducing a new road in areas other than Chennai Metropolitan Planning Area.
- Offers are better with long-term perspectives.
- The owners want to get the advantage of owning the land without any hassles.
- The developing nature of the DTCP approved layouts helps our investment get manifold in the future.
A Brief About Dtcp Approved Layouts
- The Directorate of Town Country Planning ( DTCP ) has come into existence under the Government of Tamilnadu Town and Country Planning Act ( T and CP Act ), 1971.
- DTCP is a body responsible for the planning and development of urban and rural areas in their jurisdiction.
- Before DTCP, there was the T and CP Act, which stands for Town and Country Planning Act.
- Government of Tamilnadu Town and Country Planning Act ( T and CP Act ), 1971 by repealing Town Planning Act 1920.
- The Directorate Of Town Country Planning ( DTCP ) headed by the Director is functioning under the Tamil Nadu T and CP Act, 1971.
- It functions under the control of the Housing and Urban Development Department ( H and UD ) of the secretariat. ( Ministry ).
- The department has its jurisdiction over the entire Tamilnadu except for Chennai.
- Chennai comes under the Chennai Metro Development Area ( CMDA ).
- The Head Office of DTCP is in Anna Salai, Chennai.
- There are 13 Regional Offices of DTCP spread across the State.
- There is also another approval authority under DTCP, which is known as LPA ( Local Planning Authority ).
- LPA Offices are located in 11 of the Tamilnadu corporation.
- This LPA is a subcommittee of DTCP approved layouts.
- The approvals given by LPA are also valid as it falls under DTCP Approved Layouts
Aims / Goals Of The DTCP Approved Layouts
- To provide effective land development plans with adequate infrastructural facilities for a conducive living environment required for the society.
- This is achieved by integrating the physical, economic as well as social planning for the desired
- Conditions viz.., physiography, the pattern of urbanization, traditional practices, socio-economic equalities, etc., prevalent in different parts of the towns and villages.
- To achieve socio-economic development of the state through systematic development and regulation of growth of urban and rural areas of the State through Master plans/New Town Development plans and detailed Development plans.
- To arrest the rural migration to cities and towns by rural-urban integration through regional plans.
- To preserve the historical, heritage, and Tourism important places in the State.
- To protect environmentally and ecologically sensitive areas of the State.
Plan Area In Dtcp Approved Layouts
- Plan areas are those areas in Tamilnadu other than CMDA areas, wherein the Department of Town and Country Planning has prepared Master plans which are duly approved by the Government.
- The plan area is the one wherein the Master plan for entire areas with zonation ( namely: Residential, Commercial, Educational, Public and Senior Public, Industrial and Agricultural ) has been done by this department community development.
- Any development in these areas should conform to the Zoning and in case development is not confirmed to zonation reclassification will have to be obtained from the Government.
- In Non-plan areas, the technical sanction of the Directorate has to be obtained and if the development is in a wetland the NOC from the DISTRICT Collector is a prerequisite.
- Planning permission is the permission to be obtained under the Town and Country Planning Act 1971 before carrying out any development in the land/building in both plan and non-plan areas.
- The planning permission is valid for 3 years and it can be renewed for another period of 3 years on the application before one month of the expiry of the first permission
The Necessary Activities Required For Planning Permission
Any Kind of construction, for residential, commercial, Industrial, and Institutional, and formation of layout require Planning Permission.
- The building construction can be one of the following types viz ordinary building, special building, Group development, and Multi-storied building.
- There is a prescribed form for applying for planning permission, these forms can be obtained from the local planning authority or other offices of the Town and Country Planning department or these can be downloaded from this website.
- If all the legal documents are submitted as per the checklist and plans are as per norms, Planning permission may be issued within a maximum of 45 days.
- Planning permission is required in both plan and non-plan areas. ( under sec. 47 (A) of the Town and Country Planning Act, 1971 ).
Layout Permission Number (Lp.no)
The LP Number means Layout Permission Number. It is issued by the Competent Town Planning authority of local bodies after inspecting every technical aspect and checking whether the layout is safe for real estate development projects.
Documents Required For DTCP Approved Layouts
- Documents from the Tahsildar
- FMB / Town survey sketch Yes/ No
- Patta / Chitta / Town Survey Land Records ( TSLR ) Yes / No.
- “ A” Register abstract Yes / No.
- Village Map copies Yes / No – 5.
- The self-