What Are The Functions Of the Revenue Department
- The Revenue department administers, controls and regulates the activities and functions relating to land and land revenue.
- It ensures that the land records are properly kept and land revenues are collected and also ensures correct tax is paid on time.
- These activities are carried out in accordance with the Item 18 and Item 45 of the second list ( State list ) of the Seventh Schedule to the Constitution of India.
- And also in accordance with the Land revenue code and other related laws and enactments.
- Now, the new subject of disaster management is added to the list of functions of the revenue department.
Five Major Sources Of Revenue
- Corporation Tax
- Income tax
- Goods and Services Tax ( GST )
- Non-tax revenues
- Union excise duties.
The taxes represent the largest source of revenue for state and local govt.
Scope of responsibilities of Revenue Inspector
- The first and most important advantage of east direction facing home is that it receives an ample quantity of sunlight in the morning.
- Scientifically through this sunlight, we will get a lot of positive energy in the form of Vitamin D.
- According to the Vastu Shastra, the east direction attracts and brings lot of fortune and luck to the home.
The Principal objectives of the Revenue Department are Land and Land Revenue Administration and the list as below
- Maintenance of land records.
- Administration of Land reforms.
- Formulation of govt land settlement policy.
- Land requisition and acquisition.
- Organize relief operations on account of natural calamities.
- The department administers, controls and maintains the state calamity relief fund.
- Through this fund the revenue department provides financial assistance and relief to the people affected by the natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, cyclones and storms.
- The survey, settlement and record operations.
- Collection, compilation and publication of statistics relating to land and agriculture.
- Supervised, direction and implementation of land reform measures.
- Work relating to the payment of compensation.
- Administrationof land ceiling Act.
- Land acquisition work.
- Direction and supervision of works relating to the collection of land revenue and land development tax.
- Collection of direct taxes and all matters related to levy.
- Collection of indirect taxes and all matters related to levy.
- Enforcement of economic laws
- Investigation of economic offenses.
- inter-state trade or commerce – Levy of taxes on sales.
- Matters related to consolidation/reduction/exemption from payment of stamp duty under the Indian Stamp Act 1899.
- Administration and maintenance of Revenue buildings.
The New Addition To The Revenue Department Is Disaster Management
- To account the relief , restoration and reconstruction activities and measures for socio-economic revival for mitigating the damages caused or likely to be caused due to any disaster.
- To utilize the funds of the society either directly or through Govt departments, State or Central Govt Undertakings, and Semi-govt organizations ( NGOs ) for achieving its aims and objectives.
Functions Of The Various Divisions In The Revenue Department.
Duties of the Revenue officer
- The chief administrative and executive head of the department will be responsible for the proper assessment and prompt collection
- Handles all administrative matters related to the revenue department.
- Maintenance of the CR Dossiers of the staff and officers of the secretariat proper of the department and ( IRS Group A ), IRS(Custom & Central excise ) ( Group A ).
- Coordination of work
- Work-related to the translation of languages
- Administration of sales tax laws ( Validation ) Act 1956.
- Central state tax.
- Value-addended tax ( VAT ).
- Indian stamp act 1989… etc.,
Information Services Of The Department
- Provide ownership details.
- Provide crop details.
Transactional Services Of The Department.
- Maintain a high degree of customer interaction.
- Handle more complex delivery operations and informational services.
- The list of Transactional services are as below
- Landowner certificate ( ROR )
- Mutation of Land.
- Crop certificate.
- Land survey for Subdivision.
- Registration of Mortgage.
- Collection of Irrigation tax.
- Income certificate.
- Issuance of caste certificate.
- Allotment govt land to weaker sections.
- Lease of ponds through the Fisheries department.
- Lease of land for pottery.
- Issue of Land valuation certificate.
- Assessment of Stamp duty & Registration fees.
- Issue of Non-Encumbrance certificate.
- Providing No Objection Certificate for transfer
- Issue of certificate of Mutatio registration)/Misc.
- The department has got multifarious functions.
- It prepares, maintains and issues the records of rights.
- It conducts surveys of land and prepares, maintains, updates and preserves the land records.
- It asses collect and realizes land revenues from the settlement-holders of government lands.
- It registers any transfer or change of ownership of government lands that are allotted to and settled with settlement-holders.
- Determines, decides and settles any boundary disputes arising amongst the settlement holders.
- It is the authority that acquires lands for other govt departments and organizations. So the dept decals with the land acquisition matters.
- It conducts a survey of the land to be acquired for govt departments for helping in the preparation of land acquisition papers.
- Inter-districtct boundary Management in the state. The dept prepares , maintains ansd updates the state and district maps and the inter-district boundary sheets.
- The department also conducts research on land tenure system in the state with a view to enabling the state govt to formulate comprehensive legislation on land, land tenure and land rights for the whole state.
- It also conducts the survey and settlement training of the State Civil service and state police service officers and other department officers of the government.
- The systematic functioning of the revenue department is essential for the proper collection of taxes and the maintenance of land records.
- Maintenance of proper records helps the owners to be free from illegal atrocities.
- Namma Family Builder and Developer Pvt. Ltd., in Guduvanchery, is the best dealer in all real estate-related activities.
- Kindly refer to our website for further details.